Winter retreat information
Taking care of yourself is your most important concern during retreat. Listen carefully to yourself, remain gentle and open. Embrace whatever arises.
What to bring
Please procure and bring a copy of The Attention Revolution by B. Alan Wallace.
what to wear
Two things to remember when packing: Be prepared, and be comfortable. Things to consider:
please do not bring
We cannot provide medical or psychological care. Please prepare for any unforeseen emergencies, and take care to bring your needed health supplies. If you take prescription medications, please be sure to bring enough for the entire week, and do not discontinue your medications during the retreat.
contact with others when on retreat
You will benefit most during your precious retreat time if you are able to give your full attention to your experience without the distraction of your everyday life obligations. When preparing for retreat, do your best to make arrangements so that your professional and personal obligations are met in your absence. Personal cell phones will not be allowed. However, you will be provided an emergency phone number after registration so that you can be contacted in case of emergency.
- Refrain from harming other living beings.
- Refrain from taking what has not been freely given. Accept what is offered.
- Abstain from sexual activity.
- Practice Noble Silence, which encourages no harming with speech - lying, gossip, and harsh, hurtful, or meaningless words.
- Abstain from alcohol, recreational drugs, intoxicants.